UPS shipping is now an available shipping option
AR-15 Chevron Front Sight Post (Luminescent Green/Tritium Dot) with tool included
The Blitzkrieg Components AR-15 Chevron Front Sight Post (Patented) provides the ultimate iron sight picture with both a perfectly sharp aiming point and a bold, fast sight picture. The Tritium Dot model provides a very effective low light capability with the bold, bright glowing chevron and a Tritium Dot at the top of the chevron The Tritium and Luminescent stripe are only visible on one side, so there is no glow toward the enemy. The Chevron gives the perfect blend of speed and precision. The Chevron design has many unique advantages. The tip of the chevron gives the shooter a sharp aiming point for precise aiming and high confidence on difficult shots, while the bold chevron shape is easy to see and pick up quickly without obscuring the target. The contrasting Luminescent Chevron Stripe gives the shooter an eye catching sight picture that excels in both bright-light and low-light environments and the Tritium Dot adds a night capability for when the Luminescent Stripe has not been charged. The Chevron Shape makes for an improved sight picture with any type of protective wings, whether using standard wings, semi-hooded Troy HK style, fully hooded, Magpul MBUS or diamond shaped. This sight post improves the sight picture of all of those designs. It also works great when co-witnessing sights and optics.
Precision machined and threaded from one piece of billet 416 Stainless Steel to the tightest tolerances for an outstanding sight picture and precise fit in any AR-15 front sight housing. The matte black finish is a melonite finish for a super hard and corrosion resistant surface. The Luminescent Green Stripe appears more yellow in daylight and glows green in low light. It is a 5 layer paint application into a machined grove on one sight of the sight. this gives you a bright yellow contrast stripe in daylight and a bright green glowing chevron in low light and darkness. The Tritium Dot adds the advantage of a visible dot in total darkness when the Luminescent paint has not be able to absorb any light Each sight comes with a matching sight adjustment tool making installation and adjustment a snap. The tool is designed for a precise fit to this sight design and is also billet machined from 416 stainless with a melonite finish.
Glow Characteristics: The Luminescent (Glow) Chevron Stripe glows very bright when charged and the glow brightness dissipates gradually in darkness. The brighter and longer the light charge is, the brighter and longer the glow will be. Sunlight and Tactical LED flashlights give the best charge. Will glow well after just a few seconds of charge, but will glow longer with a longer charge. Typically, in total darkness after being charged you can expect it to glow very bright for 5 minutes, bright for 20-30 minutes and at a lower level for several hours. This works very well to have a very bright glow when transitioning from daylight to a dark room and as your eyes adjust to lower light levels, the lower level glow will still appear bright and very easy to pick up. As the Luminescent paint begins to lose it's charge over time in total darkness, the Tritium Dot continues to provide an always-on aiming dot. This dual capability gives you the full range of night sight capability with the brightness of the Luminescent stripe when possible and the Tritium Dot when unable to charge your sights.
* Includes Sight Tool. Our Universal Sight Tool is needed to fit our Chevron Sights. A standard sight tool will not fit over the chevron. You can use our sight tool or a bullet tip to adjust for elevation. We offer this sight with the sight tool at a discount. We also offer our chevron sights without the sight tool in case you want multiple sights but only one tool. Our Universal Sight Tool fits all of our AR sight posts as well as standard A2 type sight posts.
* Chevron Height is 0.25"
* Fits into any AR-15 Front Sight Housing that uses a standard threaded post - Any Mil-Spec fixed front sight gas block or aftermarket front sight housings made by companies such as Troy, Daniel Defense, Diamond Head, PRI, Magpul, Mid West Ind, Samson, GG&G, YHM, and any others that utilize the standard AR-15 post design. Fits Magpul MBUS, but not the new MBUS Pro. Does not fit LWRC Skirmish sights due to 11 o'clock position of detent.
- Billet Machined 416 Stainless Steel Construction
- Melonite matte black finish
- Luminescent Green Chevron Shaped Contrast Stripe in machined grove with Tritium Dot at Top
- Bold, Fast Sight Picture
- Precision Aiming Point
- Drops into any AR-15 Front Sight Housing
- Chevron Sight Adjustment Tool Included - billet machined 303 Stainless with melonite finish